Phase III Guidelines
It is with gratitude and excitement that we welcome our community back to BYC for in-studio yoga classes. Beginning Tuesday, September 8 we will be offering a modified interim schedule of our in-studio classes until our Fall/Winter schedule comes out as well as continuing to offer our online classes. We are deliberately starting slow, as reopening will be a mindful, careful, and ongoing process. You can follow this link to view our schedule. Due to COVID19, in-studio class space is limited to 7 people per class to accommodate social distancing and will be on a first come first serve basis.
Your safety and well being is of the utmost importance. Below you can read more about some of the new guidelines at the studio and how to attend a class:
Before You Arrive
- If you are not feeling well, sick, or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay at home and consult a physician.
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival. We also provide hand sanitizer.
- Arrive 15 minutes before class to ensure everyone can be signed into class.
- Arrive in your yoga clothes, with your yoga mat and essential personal items with you, as there will be no use of the change rooms.
- Only use the washrooms if is an emergency.
- If you require yoga props, e.g. yoga mat, blocks or straps, please bring your own, as there will be no use of the studio props at this time.
- If your mat is at the studio, you can pick it up when you arrive.
When You Arrive
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times while indoors, except while you are on your yoga mat practicing. We also have masks available.
- The teacher will sign you into class.
- The class size will be reduced & configured in order to accommodate social distancing.
- The studio is well ventilated and our studio air purifiers are equipped with HEPA filters.
- Teachers will be teaching from their mats. There will be no physical adjustments, only verbal cues and instructions will be offered.
- Take your belongings and yoga mat home with you as there will be no mat storage.
- All high touch surfaced areas will be cleaned after class.
- The studio floor will be cleaned after each class.
Beach Yoga Centre has always gone above and beyond in our efforts to look out for each other. As we adjust to some of these new guidelines, when you arrive at the studio, please be mindful and practice patience and kindness for the health and safety of yourself and fellow Yogis.
We look forward to seeing you in person and on the mat.