Don’t know what to do with some of you gently used books lying around your house. We do! Beach Yoga Cnetre is having a book drive , from March 20 to April 19 at BYC for The Children’s Book Bank. Next time you come to class you can drop off your gently used children’s books at our drop box in our reception area and we will handle the rest.
Let’s invest in our future leaders by helping them develop a lifelong love of reading!
The Children’s Book Bank is a charitable organization that provides free, gently used books to children in low-income neighbourhoods in the Toronto area. The Children’s Book Bank gives children a chance to build their own treasured libraries and to develop a lifelong love of reading.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Children’s books for kids aged birth to 12 years old.
• Children’s books printed within the last ten years, so a print date of 2006 – present.
• Children’s books in new or gently used condition, meaning no missing covers, torn pages, or pages
with colouring/writing on them. * A great rule of thumb – if you would gift the book to a child, then it would be a great book for our use.
Here is a list of titles currently flying off the book bank’s bookshelves:
- Here is a list of titles currently flying off our bookshelves:
- Board books and concept books (ABC, 123, colours, shapes, etc.)
- Peppa Pig
- Lego (Ninjago is very popular)
- Geronimo & Thea Stilton
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- Dork Diaries
- Ever After High
- Captain Underpants
- Harry Potter
- Percy Jackson series
- Star Wars Origami books
- Big Nate
- DC & Marvel Superheroes
- Sisters, Drama & Smile by Rania Telgemeier
- Graphic Novel
* And we are always in need of books with diverse characters – reflecting the diverse families of Canada, including our First Nations Peoples.