- Arrive 10 – 15 minutes early to allow time to sign-in and prepare for your class. Out of respect for others, students who arrive 15 minutes late will not be accepted into classes and doors will be closed when class begins.
- The new system will not require a pass card. Students will be expected to enter their name at sign in sheet at the beginning of the class.
- Yoga is practiced in bare feet. Please take off your shoes upon entering BYC. Students may choose to bring their own mat. We do have mats available for general use, and there is no mat rental fee, however you may want to consider bringing your own mat, for hygienic reasons.
- Wear comfortable, lightweight, flexible clothing such as shorts, T-shirts, leggings or
Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach. It has been suggested, you not eat for about 3 hours before practicing. If you do eat, please be considerate of others and practice Mula Bandha.
- Please turn off your cell phone before entering the practice space. If your cell phone goes off, then it may induce laughter and smiling and disturp the group energy, concentration and flow.
- If you have to leave class early, let your teacher know before class begins and place your mat close to the door so that when you leave quietly, you do not disrupt others. Try to rest for a few minutes at the end of your practice. Leave your props where they are and the teacher will humbly pick up your props and put them away after you have left.
- If you decide to do your own practice in a led class , then practice at the back of the class, as so not to disturb the class. When class is over, we suggest that you take a look at our schedule for the times of Mysore classes.
- Please take responsibility for the energy that you bring into the space.
Please remember that the expert in anything was once a beginner.
- Please remember that the practicing is cumulative, ongoing and therapeutic.
- “Relax, it’s only yoga.”
sign up for events and news